In ENT practice, Ciprofloxacin is instilled into the ear canal. Before starting the procedure, the ear must be thoroughly cleaned. 3-4 drops are instilled into the sore ear, the duration of treatment can be from 5 to 10 days. The tool is used from 2 to 4 times a day.
Ciprofloxacin for ear infection dosage: The solution must be warmed to room temperature. The patient is laid on his side so that the affected ear is located on top. After the procedure, it is necessary to lie down for another 10 minutes without turning your head. In some cases, after putting some drops into the ear, a small piece of cotton wool or gauze soaked in Ciprofloxacin is placed in the external auditory canal. The tampon is left in the ear until the next you use ear drops.
If the maximum permissible dose of tablets or infusion solution is exceeded, nausea and vomiting, confusion, agitation can be observed.
If the drug was taken orally, the patient must rinse the stomach. A specific antidote to the drug has not been developed. The patient needs careful monitoring and monitoring of the condition. If necessary, symptomatic therapy is prescribed, a large amount of fluid is injected. The use of peritoneal dialysis allows you to withdraw no more than 10% of the drug.
With local use, cases of drug overdose were not recorded. Even if drops are accidentally taken inside, the concentration of the active substance is too low to cause an overdose.
Check Also: Ciprofloxacin 500mg Good For Sinus Infection
During treatment with Ciprofloxacin, side effects may develop. They may be local or systemic. When using tablets or infusions, the following reactions were noted:
- From the digestive organs – diarrhea, bloating and abdominal pain, changes in appetite, nausea and vomiting, liver damage, cholestatic jaundice.
- Neurological and mental reactions – dizziness, migraine-like headache, trembling in the arms and the whole body, increased fatigue, disturbances in peripheral sensitivity (paralgesia), excessive sweating, intracranial hypertension, cerebral vascular thrombosis, fainting, anxiety and depression, sleep disturbance, hallucinations, confusion.
- On the part of the sensory organs – a change in taste, a decrease in all types of sensitivity, ringing and tinnitus.
- Cardiovascular disorders – arrhythmia, tachycardia, decreased blood pressure. With intravenous administration of the solution, peripheral vasodilation, collapse is possible.
- On the part of the blood system, leukopenia, anemia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, inhibition of hematopoiesis in the bone marrow are observed.
- Changes in biochemical blood tests – an increase or decrease in glucose levels, changes in the activity of liver enzymes, a decrease in prothrombin, hyperbilirubinemia.
- Dysfunction of the kidneys and urinary tract – glomerulonephritis, hematuria, crystalluria, albuminuria, a change in the volume of urine excreted.
- From the musculoskeletal system, arthritis, tendovaginitis, pain in the joints and muscles, ruptures of fascia and tendons are possible.
- Allergic manifestations of varying severity.
- Other side effects are the development of superinfection, flushing of the face, severe weakness.
Check Also: Ciprofloxacin dosage for UTI how many days?