As stated in the instructions, the medicine can interact with other medicines. Examples of combinations and consequences:[hide](Coreg) Carvedilol Drug interactions[/hide]
- Combination of the drug with insulin, Acetohexamide, Gliclazide, Glypyside may reduce symptoms of hypoglycemia.
- When the drug is combined with citalopram, bradycardia manifests itself, with Claflin hypertension, Ergotamine or Dihydroergotamine, ischemia with a risk of gangrene, Adrenaline hypertension and bradycardia, and Prazosin hypotension.
- Carvedilol is able to enhance the side effects and therapeutic effects of Cyclosporine, Digoxin.
- Etravirine increases the level of the active component in the blood serum, Ibuprofen, Piroxicam and Indomethacin lead to an increased risk of inhibition of renal prostaglandins.
- The drug increases the toxicity of lidocaine with its infusion, promotes the activation of free radicals.
- Verapamil increases the effect of both drugs.[hide](Coreg) Carvedilol Drug interactions[/hide]
Restrictions on the use
Prinzmetal’s stenocardia, recent worsening of heart failure, peripheral vascular disease (Raynaud’s syndrome, intermittent claudication), diabetes mellitus, hypoglycemia, pheochromocytoma, hyperthyroidism, general anesthesia, psoriasis, renal dysfunction, advanced age, children and adolescents (under 18 years of age ). [hide](Coreg) Carvedilol Drug interactions[/hide]