Diclofenac Topical Side Effects: Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.[hide] Diclofenac Topical Side Effects [/hide]
Although the risk of serious side effects is low, when diclofenac is applied to the skin, you should be aware of the side effects that can occur if the drug is absorbed into your blood.
Stop using this medicine and call your doctor right away if you have a serious side effect such as:
- pain in the chest, slurred speech, problems with vision or balance and feeling faint or from breathing
- bloody or tarry stools, a blood cough or vomiting that looks like coffee grounds
- pale or gramophone skin, dark colors of urine, confusion
- Swelling or rapid weight gain, urinating less than usual, or not at all
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness
- fever, sore throat and headache with severe blisters, exfoliation, and red skin rash.
- The first sign of any skin rash, no matter how soft.
Less serious side effects may include:
- mild nausea, stomach pain, upset stomach;
- diarrhea, gas; or
- mild itching, dryness, redness, scaling, or other skin irritations where medicine was used.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Also Visit: Can Diclofenac be Pregnant?[hide] Diclofenac Topical Side Effects [/hide]