Table Of Contents
Instructions for use of Diclofenac in Pregnancy: Painkillers – A headache and toothache, trauma, sciatica, joint pain – in all these cases looking for help with medicines. Sometimes it is justified because the pains are very strong and it is simply unbearable to tolerate them. But more often we too hasten to extinguish the first signal received from our brain, which says that everything is not good in our body. And having extinguished the pain, we continue to walk in complete ignorance, what has happened to us. So we miss diseases such as osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia or, even worse, hidden purulent infections and other pathological processes. [hide] Diclofenac in Pregnancy [/hide]
One of the “favorite” analgesics is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug called diclofenac. The field of its application is so wide that few people do not know about this facility today. Interested in this drug and women, and among the various questions in the forums the most frequent question: whether it is possible to use diclofenac during pregnancy.
Diclofenac preparation: intake during pregnancy
Women can understand: in their lives, pain is too much. Female nature itself forces a woman to often face pain, and the most painful process is childbirth. Fetching pregnancy is also not an easy task, especially in the last month:
- The raised fruit presses on a bladder and the bottom of a stomach or belly can hurt or be ill; be sick
- The load on the spine increases and deforming changes in the lumbosacral section may occur:
When the nerve fibers are jammed, the “horsetail” syndrome is possible – pain in the sacrum with recoil in the leg
However, what’s the point of taking diclofenac to a pregnant woman, when even for a healthy average person taking this drug, like any other NSAID, is not safe?
Look at the list of contraindications in any instructions for the use of diclofenac.
The answer here can only be one:
Taking diclofenac during pregnancy can be in that emergency, when there is a risk to the woman’s health greater than for her fetus
- there was a trauma with the strongest pain shock
- an urgent operation was performed
But with a usual headache or a toothache to take diclofenac pregnant, of course, ridiculous and even criminal. After all, there are at worst a less strong, although also not harmless drugs.
With pain in the abdomen and during birth, there is a beautiful absolutely safe for pregnant spasmolytic but a spine. [hide] Diclofenac in Pregnancy [/hide]
Limitations of diclofenac during pregnancy
What can be stretched to an ordinary patient is unthinkable for a pregnant woman because everything she takes is in her blood and gets through the placenta into the baby’s blood.
Limited intake of diclofenac is possible in the first two trimesters (up to 6 months) of pregnancy and is strictly forbidden in the last trimester
But with the threat of miscarriage, diclofenac is not recommended throughout the pregnancy, due to the fact that this drug reduces the number of platelets and increases the risk of bleeding.
The obstacle to the biosynthesis of active substances lies in the biochemistry of diclofenac:
- Blocking the synthesis of prostaglandins and leads to those remarkable anti-inflammatory analgesic properties, for which this medicine is actually used
- But under blocking, there were also innocent useful substances: proteoglycans involved in the formation of cartilage, steroid hormones, in particular, progesterone – the most important female hormone necessary for the menstrual cycle and for labor
In the last month of pregnancy, the number of progesterone increases and when it reaches the maximum value, labor pains begin.
Reduction of progesterone at the decisive moment leads to a weakening of labor activity and the absence of contractions
It is for this reason that it is forbidden to take any non-steroid drugs in late pregnancy. In addition, do not forget that the metabolism of drugs is carried out in the liver and excreted by the kidneys. Therefore, these organs suffer first of all, and in pregnant women, they are already at the limit, as they work for two.[hide] Diclofenac in Pregnancy [/hide]What does it mean to use a limited medication?
Choice of diclofenac
Diclofenac has several different forms of release, in the form of:
- tablets (short and prolonged action)
- ointments and gels
- eye drops
The strongest and fastest effect occurs with the / m and / in injections:
- when injections after 20 minutes, almost all the medicine administered is absorbed
Second place in retard tablets:
- A large dose is taken immediately – 100 mg
- The drug lasts longer (4 hours) and lasts longer in the blood
The third is for conventional tablets
- One-time reception – 25 – 50 g
- Absorbed after 2 hours and displayed faster
The fourth place is occupied by candles diclofenac:
- the absorption of the drug through the intestinal walls occurs no more than an hour after the injection of the candle
- absorbed by one-third less than when taking conventional tablets
- withdrawal of the drug from the body occurs faster than with pricks and tablets
Finally, the slowest and least effective remedy is ointment or gel diclofenac:
- Absorbing the ointment takes a long time
- About half of the active substance enters the bloodstream
Analyzing this information, we reject immediately and categorically injections and tablets, especially retard – they do not fit our pregnant women at any time, except in the above-described extreme case.
If you can choose something from the list of medicinal forms, then only candles and ointment (gel).[hide] Diclofenac in Pregnancy [/hide] Candles are also good because, with their use, a smaller portion of the drug falls into the liver and kidneys.
Recommendations for pregnant women
Applying a candle or ointment, we must not forget that with these methods of admission into the blood, a concentration of diclofenac, which is dangerous enough to the fetus, can be administered to a child not earlier than 6 years in small doses
- Limit yourself to a one-time grind with a small amount of ointment
- Even before such a relatively safe method of admission, consult your doctor
- If you still decide to take diclofenac during pregnancy, then the medication should be taken in the lowest possible doses and not for long
What can I advise a woman with back pain in the last month of pregnancy:
- More patience:
Pain in the lumbosacral section is a temporary phenomenon. After childbirth and appropriate postpartum gymnastics, she usually quickly passes
- More often rest lying down
- Do not lift anything heavy
- Do gymnastics, even in the last month of pregnancy. This will help reduce pain in the lower back and sacrum.
Exercises can be as follows:
- In the prone position, bend your knees, then spread them apart. We lower our knees again and stretch our legs. We perform up to 7 times, the rate is slow.
- The position is the same, the arms are along the trunk, the legs are divorced from the width of the shoulders. We turn our palms and feet outward, and then inside. The pace is average, the breathing is calm. Perform 10 times.
- We take a deep breath and protrude the belly, exhale and draw in. Performing 6 – 7 times
- We lay down straight, arms along the trunk, legs even. Brushes of hands slide on the sides to the armpits and at the same time bend the legs in the knees and bend them to the sides. Performing 7 times
- Lying, spread his hands to the side while breathing in at the same time. Lowering his hands down, exhale. Repeat 7 times.