Table Of Contents
Micardis 40 mg and 80 mg side effects: Micardis is a modern antihypertensive drug based on telmisartan. Micardis is prescribed for arterial hypertension, as well as for reducing cardiac diseases and mortality among patients over 55 who are at risk.
Latin name: Micardis.
Active ingredients of the drug: Telmisartan.
Manufacturer: Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma, Germany.
Micardis tablets are available in two dosages.
In 1 tablet Micardis contains 40 mg of active substance – telmisartan.
As auxiliary substances are: 168.64 mg of sorbitol, 12 mg of povidone (Collison 25), 4 mg of magnesium stearate, 3.36 sodium hydroxide, 12 mg of meglumine.
In 1 tablet Micardis contains 80 mg of active substance – telmisartan.
As auxiliary substances are: 337.28 mg sorbitol, 24 mg povidone (Collison 25), 8 mg magnesium stearate, 6.72 sodium hydroxide, 24 mg meglumine.
Visit Also: Micardis Plus Side Effects & Overdose
Micardis 40 mg, 80 mg side effects
Micardis 40 mg and 80 mg side effects: During therapy with the drug Micardis, these side effects were recorded:
- from the side of the central nervous system: depression, vertigo, anxiety, insomnia, fainting;
- infections: urinary tract infections ( cystitis ), upper respiratory tract, sepsis (including fatal cases);
- from the hemopoietic system: thrombocytopenia, anemia, hemoglobin decrease, eosinophilia;
- from the viewpoint: blurred vision and other visual disorders;
- from the cardiovascular system: a strong lowering of blood pressure, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension, bradycardia;
- on the part of the digestive system: dryness in the oral cavity, flatulence, abdominal pain, indigestion, diarrhea, uncomfortable sensations in the stomach, vomiting, increased liver enzymes, impaired liver function, in rare cases of liver disease;
- Respiratory system: shortness of breath;
- reactions on the skin: hyperhidrosis;
- from the system of muscles and bones: back pain, arthralgia, myalgia, pain in the lower limbs, muscle spasm (calf muscle cramps), pain in the tendons (the symptoms are similar with the manifestation of tendinitis);
- laboratory indicators: increase in CKK in the blood (creatine phosphokinase), hyperkalemia, in patients with diabetes mellitus hypoglycemia may be observed;
- from the organs of the urinary system: increased amounts of uric acid, increased creatinine in the blood, functional disorders of the kidneys (up to the development of renal failure);
- other reactions: asthenic condition (weakness), flu-like syndrome, pain in the chest.
An overdose of the drug
Overdose can be expressed in the form of bradycardia, tachycardia, a pronounced decrease in blood pressure.
Treatment is usually symptomatic. Hemodialysis, in this case, is ineffective.
Compatibility with other drugs
The active substance of the drug Micardis increases the hypotensive effect of other drugs that lower blood pressure.
Micardis can increase the concentration of digoxin in the body, so periodically it is necessary to check the concentration of the substance in the blood.
With combined therapy with lithium preparations and ACE inhibitors, an increase in the concentration of lithium in the blood can be observed – this is manifested in a toxic effect.
The combination of Micardis with NSAIDs, acetylsalicylic acid, COX-2 inhibitors in patients with dehydration can lead to the development of acute renal failure.
The decrease in the therapeutic effect of Micardis by inhibiting the vasodilating effect of prostaglandins was noted with a simultaneous administration with NSAIDs.[hide]Micardis 40 mg side effects and micardis 80 mg side effects[/hide]Micardis increases the maximum concentration and the AUC of ramipril and ramiprilat by a factor of 2.5. The clinical significance of this phenomenon is not established.
Vist also: Micardis Plus Special Instructions
Micardis tablets should be stored in a dry place, in closed containers and away from children. The storage temperature should not be above + 30 ° C.
The life of the drug Micardis – 4 years.
- The Telmist;